One floret was open and the rest were closed which made this shot possible. I normally try to avoid taking symmetrical photographs as they usually look very static, i.e. boring. I hope that this one avoids that trap.
I tweaked the saturation and clarity a fraction in Lightroom to give the picture a little more depth. This was shot with a Nikon d40x and n55 film camera kit zoom set to 35mm efl of 120mm from around a foot away from the subject. Weather was overcast.
On a different note I finally got around to setting up a You Tube account today. It is not a big deal but I wanted somewhere to put slide shows to embed in posts here and elsewhere. Anyway, I managed to make up a grand total of one video and here it is.
I plan on making around a dozen or so by subject and will post them here, with the daily picture, as they are completed. The next one is plants part 2 and I haven’t really planned much beyond that.